About Mahina Pua Farm LLC
As a Oahu resident you can support local agriculture by participating in Mahina Pua Farm's farm share program or visit one of our farmer's markets. A Mahina Pua Farm full CSA share buys you a box or bag of fresh local vegetables and fruits grown at our farms to be picked up every 1 or 2 weeks. The land that the food is grown on is urban lands and an 3/8 acre open field on the East side of Oahu. Many are getting on the band wagon and supporting their desire to see lawns turned into food!
What is a CSA share anyway? (click here)
These few that provide their yards help to lessen our reliance on imported food from the main land and reduces our carbon foot print and keeps our environment and oceans beautiful for everyone to enjoy.
New! Order Veggies Ala Carte! Click Vegetables for sale for more info.
Vanessa Jansen is the farmer and enjoys connecting with her community as well as answering to the call of the earth to provide nourishment for us all. Not only do we have CSA Food boxes/bags available to pick up in Niu Valley, find us at the following farmer's markets under the Mahina Pua Farm banner (Moon Flower Farm):
• Look for our products at the Kailua Elementary Sunday Market (8-12)
• Look for our products at the Tuesday Kaiser HS Market (4-6)
• Look for our products on Tuesday in Niu Valley (7:30-9:30)
• Look for our products at the Wednesday Kaka'ako Market (4-7) coming March 20th
Mahina Pua Farm is a member of:
• The Waimanalo Farmers Market Coop.
• Kokua Foundation
• North Shore EVP - GAP (good agricultural practices)
• The Hawaii Farmers Union. HFUUHI.ORG
• Board member of Friends with Farms Coop.
We are also connected to Farmlink Hawaii, an online store where individuals and restaurants can buy produce from local farms.